Straightforward Guidance Through Complicated Family Law Issues
In family law, the stakes are always high. After all, the outcome of your case affects your most intimate relationships. At Ed Shaw Law, you can count on our lawyers for honest, compassionate advice in difficult situations. We’ll let you know what to expect and guide you through the process in the easiest, most cost-effective way possible.
With offices in Brainerd and St. Cloud, we have over 22 years of experience in family law in Minnesota. We can help you with:
- The divorce process, from child custody to division of property
- Child custody, support and parenting time agreements for unmarried parents
- Modifications and enforcement of existing child support, child custody and spousal support agreements
- Paternity determinations, including effects on custody and support
- Prenuptial agreements
- Orders for protection and restraining orders against domestic abuse
- Child protection
- Family law issues related to LGBT and nontraditional relationships
Family law issues often intersect with other areas of the law. For example, property division in divorce may involve real estate law, business law or estate planning. With our firm’s broad experience, you can rest assured that we can take care of any related issues as well.
Straight Talk When It Matters Most
There are no guarantees in court, and we’re not going to promise you the impossible. Instead, we’ll build reasonable expectations from the start and work for the best possible outcome. We are experienced litigators, but we won’t take your issue to court if we don’t need to. We offer mediation for divorce and other family law issues.
Call Us For A Free Consultation
We invite all prospective clients to get to know us at a free, no-obligation consultation either over the phone or in person at our family-friendly offices in Brainerd and St. Cloud. We are also usually able to accommodate emergency and short notice cases, so don’t think it’s too late to seek professional legal advice. To schedule a meeting with a family law attorney, call us at 218-825-7030 or send us an email.