Ed Shaw Law - No Nonsense Legal Advice
NOW Remotely serving all of Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin with Offices in St. Cloud and Brainerd
Call 800-507-0352 To Schedule A Consultation
To Schedule A Consultation
Offices in St. Cloud and Brainerd, serving all surrounding areas
Inside appointments now available for all. Covid safety protocols are in place and all office staff is vaccinated.

Anyone now welcome for appointments!

Regardless of your situation, we have many appointment options available.

Remote appointments are available for anyone. If you prefer a remote appointment, we are happy to assist you by telephone, zoom, skype, or any other online option that works for you.

Office appointments are available for anyone. Unvaccinated individuals coming into the office for an appointment, will be required to wear a mask.

Staff are not currently wearing masks, however, if you desire all to wear masks or would like an outside appointment, we are happy to accommodate.

We are here for you and want you to be comfortable.


On Behalf of | Sep 8, 2020 | Firm News

The first day of school is exciting, and stressful even in normal times.  Now, in addition to worrying about new teachers and friends, parents have to also be concerned about keeping their kids and families safe from infection.  A new challenge, what do you do when you do not live with your child’s other parent, and the other parent is not doing what they need to keep your child safe.  The law does allow for parenting time, or custody to be changed if the actions of a parent endangers a child.  It is clear that the pandemic, which has killed almost 200 thousand Americans, is a serious threat.  If the other parent is not doing their best to keep your child safe at school, making sure that they follow school rules for safety and hygiene, wear their mask as directed at school, avoid situations outside of school with a high risk of exposure, you have a good argument to change custody or restrict their parenting time.  It is best for parents to work together to keep their kids safe, but, if the other parent is not doing their part, do not be shy about involving the Court to make it happen.

FindLaw Network